If you are uncertain or unclear about any issues please call your local office.
Important message about COVID-19
Community Development Program
From Monday 19 October 2020, all Community Development Program (CDP) Regions will resume full CDP servicing arrangements.
This means we will be offering job seekers face-to-face appointments and services consistent with advice of health authorities and any state, territory or local community travel restrictions. We will continue to tailor our support by offering services online and/or over the phone where required to suit individual job seeker circumstances.
Job seekers should:
- attend appointments and activities with us to meet their requirements and update their job plan to access a range of assistance, such as preparing resumes and job applications, referral to jobs and relevant support services.
- contact us if unwell or required to self-isolate and NOT attend face-to-face appointments or activities.
Job seekers will continue to be able to seek a temporary exemption from mutual obligation requirements from Services Australia (Centrelink) for relevant circumstances, including cultural and health reasons.
Job seekers are required to report their income (including nil income) and/or hours worked to Services Australia (Centrelink).
How we are keeping employees and clients safe
At Rise Ventures, the safety and well-being of our employees and our clients is always our priority.
Rise Ventures is actively taking steps to help keep our communities safe. We wanted to share with you some steps we are taking.
Guidance from Australian Health Authorities
We’re taking our lead from the Australian Government’s Department of Health and are closely monitoring updates from the World Health Organization regarding COVID-19. We will continue to seek guidance from public health officials and government agencies on a daily basis.
We have established a National Response Team and a Business Continuity Plan to ensure the continuation of services. We also established a direct line of communication to the task force that every employee can use to ask questions and obtain additional information.
Protecting our clients and employees
As our employees interact with clients and the general public, we have taken steps to limit exposure to the virus.
We’ve put restrictions on travel, postponed or limited the size of meetings, provided work-from-home solutions, and continue to reinforce safe behaviour in every environment. We’ve doubled our deep-cleaning and implemented quarantine procedures based on recommendations from the health agencies.
We are in continuous communication with our employees reminding them about the importance of good hygiene, providing them with health education and support whenever needed.
However, employees who feel ill have been told to not report to work and we have specific quarantine and communication procedures in place should an employee be diagnosed with COVID-19 or is asked to self-isolate by a public health authority, and to provide comprehensive benefits to support them.
We won’t be shaking hands, but we’ll wave and say hello!
Our commitment to our clients and our communities
The role our organisation plays in keeping people in employment or engaged in learning is incredibly important in times like these.
We recognise the important role we play in supporting you through the COVID-19 situation.
In addition, we will be reviewing our staff resources to manage the expected demand for our services as the impact of the virus continues to affect employment.
It is a bewildering time for many Australians who are facing unemployment for the first time. If you have been made redundant or unemployed or you are facing a loss of hours, please contact the Rise Ventures team to find out how we can help you navigate through this challenging period.
What we ask of you
We are taking every precaution to ensure the safety and health of our communities, but we need your help. If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms and have a scheduled appointment, please let your consultant or local office know over the phone so that we can discuss options with you to ensure our collective well-being.
Please respect any measures that Rise Ventures has taken to protect you and our staff – particularly as they relate to keeping the required distances apart and the introduction of increased cleaning and hygiene measures.
As always, thank you for being a client and for your continued trust as we manage through this time together.
RESOURCES FOR CLIENTS
- Information on the Australian Government’s coronavirus supplement
- Find the facts
- Mask information
- Mental health
- For international travellers
- For aged care residents and families
- For early education and childcare
- For schools and students
- For employers
- For travel, transport and hotel industries
- For health advice including cleaning protocols, please visit the Department of Health
- For information on travel restrictions please visit the Department of Home Affairs
- To keep up to date with the latest travel advice please visit the Smartraveller
- For information on border control measures and customs please visit the Australian Border Force website.
- For more information on emergency management please visit the Emergency Management page at the Department of Home Affairs website.
- For information on the outbreak of COVID-19 please visit the World Health Organisation
Other COVID-19 updates: